Why is Disability Inclusion Training Important?
There are many reasons why disability inclusion training is important, but three reasons in particular stand out. First, when people with disabilities are included in all aspects of society, it leads to a more inclusive and equitable world for everyone. Second, when businesses and organizations have employees who are trained in disability inclusion, it makes the workplace more welcoming and accessible for people with disabilities. Third, when people have a better understanding of disability inclusion, they are less likely to exhibit discriminatory attitudes and behavior towards people with disabilities.
Wandke Academy Course Compass
We incorporate disability into the diversity, equity, and inclusion conversation by offering a wide range of training session topics on disability inclusion and awareness.
- Disability Sensitivity 101
- Accessible Organizations 101
- Zoom Accessibility 101
- Social Media Accessibility 101
Deep Dive Level
- Applying Web-Accessibility
- Advancing Accessibility for Your Employees
- Understanding Universal Design
- Converting MS Word to Accessible PDFs
- Designing Accessible Presentations
- Creating Accessible PDFs in Adobe Acrobat
- Applying Accessible Web-Design
- Conducting Web-Accessibility Testing